Much to my surprise, the Liebster Award has come my way once again courtesy of Veronica who cranks out enjoyable posts over at Confessions of a Nomad. It’s a nice surprise and a pleasure to know there are others in the bloggerverse who enjoy the content you produce. Though I’m not going to go through the whole rigamarole of the Liebster acceptance process again, I will respond to Veronica’s questions as they’re a) interesting, b) I’m a bit lazy (might as well be frank) and c) I’m dealing with countless boxes and suitcases that ooze stuff as I organize life in a new abode.
Thanks again for the nomination Veronica, and wishing everyone a most fabulous weekend!
1. If you could travel anywhere you wanted right now, where would it be?
I think I’m quite happy where I am at the moment, thank you! Though if you pushed me…I might say Myanmar, Montenegro or Costa Rica.
2. Have you ever travelled solo, and do you prefer it to travelling with friends/family?
Travelled solo: yes and I do prefer it to an extent. I like being able to formulate my own schedule and tailor it according to how I’m feeling on a given day. That said, nothing beats a great adventure with the right people, be they family or friends!
3. If you could have any superpower, which one would you choose?
That’s easy: flight, along with all the awesomeness that comes from Wonder Woman’s lasso of truth and bracelets of victory.
Yeah, for real.
4. What excites you the most?
Aside from Wonder Woman’s accessories? Inspiring people, movement, new places and experiences.
5. What’s your worst travel experience?
Other than dealing with rude staff at hotels/restaurants/places of transport and lengthy travel delays? Losing my eyeglasses down a pit latrine in northern Myanmar. *Urrrgghhhh* The memory STILL hurts.
6. Would you rather go sky diving or bunjy jumping?
I have to choose one right? Sky diving.
7. Where is your favourite beach destination?
The Caribbean or Thailand.
8. If you had 24 hours to live, what would you do?
Get on my yoga mat and then go for a run. Eat a sinfully good meal and wash it down with a bottle of vintage Krug and some Belgian chocolate. Give up all my love.
Laugh. Long and hard.
9. What’s your best travel story?
There’s a lot to choose from, but the best always include the friends/people I’ve met along my travels. They’re always part of my stellar stories. They’re always my greatest finds.
10. If you could only listen to 1 song for the rest of you life, which song would you choose?
I think I’d go mad if I had to listen to one song, though I know I have a bad habit of putting a track I’m really into on repeat until I’m tired of it. *hides head in shame*
11. If you could have only 1 food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I’m afraid I might have problems with this one as well, to the point where I’d rather not eat! But in the spirit of answering the question I’d either go with a) pint after pint of Tempt Vanilla (lactose and gluten free) hemp ice cream, b) pomegranate or c) a free-flowing fountain of vintage bubbly.
But of course.